Our mission is to lead people into a saving relationship with Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.
- August 13th 2017 04:06 PM - Dear Friends, We are sad to let you know that Nadine Goodhue passed away peacefully this afternoon at Mercy Hospital in Des Moines. She was surrounded by family and passed into God’s grace with them present. Please pray for Jim and the family. We will let you know when arrangements are finalized that you may be able to join in a celebration of Nadine’s life.
- August 11th 2017 11:10 AM - Services for Nadine Goodhue: Visitation: Monday, 4:00 to 7:00 PM at Middle River Friends Church Funeral: Tuesday, 10:30 AM at Middle River Friends Church with Graveside Service immediately following at Middle River Cemetery Luncheon afterwards at the church.
- August 10th 2017 10:15 AM - “Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." ~ John 14: 6
- August 4th 2017 12:37 PM - "Because of all that God has done, we now have a new perspective. We used to show regard for people based on worldly standards and interests. No longer. We used to think of the Anointed the same way. No longer. Therefore, if anyone is united with the Anointed One, that person is a new creation. The old life is gone—and see—a new life has begun! All of this is a gift from our Creator God, who has pursued us and brought us into a restored and healthy relationship with Him through the Anointed. And He has given us the same mission, the ministry of reconciliation, to bring others back to Him." ~ 2 Corinthians 5:16-18 The Voice (VOICE)
- August 2nd 2017 11:23 AM - Our planned Drive-In Movie Night is cancelled for Friday, August 4. Valle Theater has changed the movie line up for this weekend, and unfortunately, this is not the family fare we had hoped for. We will keep you posted when we can find another time and movie selection to have our "movie night." In the meantime, blessings on your day, enjoy the beautiful summer, and join us for worship on Sunday morning.
- July 28th 2017 07:40 PM - Sammy Latoole, Director of Samburu Friends Mission, will be with us at our Sunday morning worship on July 30. We are excited to hear of his work in Kenya.
- July 26th 2017 07:40 PM - “ Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. . .Love your neighbor as yourself.” ~ Mark 12:30-31
- July 20th 2017 08:02 AM - Terri Simmons from Hope Ministries will be our guest speaker this Sunday, bringing a message about serving the homeless in the central Iowa area. We are helping to support this mission with donations of paper towels and men's underwear on this Sunday. Please put items in collection box next to the Fellowship Hall. See you on Sunday!
- July 11th 2017 01:05 PM - Getting excited for VBS this week. Decorating and learning new songs today. Going to be fun! CAMP OUT, Getting S'more Out Of Jesus. Bible Lesson, crafts, games, music and more on Thurs and Fri, 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm. Kids age 4 through 5th Grade.
- July 7th 2017 03:35 PM - MRF Family, We have makings left over from the 4th of July Pancake Breakfast, so we will be serving a “special” lunch prior to Monthly Meeting on Sunday of freshly made pancakes and sausage, and possibly biscuits and gravy too. Please bring a fruit to share that we can serve to go along with this "special" lunch. Yummm…Can hardly wait! See you Sunday!!
- July 7th 2017 03:21 PM - Vacation Bible School is coming up quickly - on Thursday and Friday, July 13 and 14 - from 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm. For children age 4 through 5th Grade. Anyone interested in coming to help, we could use a couple of Crew Leaders (teenager and older) to lead the kids to and from different stations. Contact Jacque if you would like to help.
- June 27th 2017 12:38 PM - Yummm!!!
- June 21st 2017 01:10 PM - "Again Jesus said, "Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you. And with that he breathed on them and said, "Receive the Holy Spirit." ~ John 20:21-22 (NIV)
- June 14th 2017 12:09 PM - "The steps of a man are established by the Lord, and He delights in his way. When he falls, he will not be hurled headlong, because the Lord is the One who holds his hand." – Psalm 37:23-24 (NASB)
- June 3rd 2017 06:50 AM - “May the Lord direct your hearts into God's love and Christ's perseverance.” ~ 2 Thessalonians 3:5 😍 🙏 ✝️