Our mission is to lead people into a saving relationship with Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.
- October 13th 2017 05:31 AM - We had a wonderful potato bar luncheon at Sojourners today. John brought angel food cake for dessert. Bette gave an inspirational devotion. Then we had our own private "concert" by our good friends and neighbors, Ed and Jeannie Keeney. A great time was had by all.
- September 29th 2017 05:30 PM - Join us Sunday morning when we will have a special open worship service. See you at 9:00 am.
- September 14th 2017 01:50 PM - The Iowa Yearly Meeting Christian Social Concerns committee desires to help connect the local churches of the yearly meeting to better minister to the needs of their communities. To assist in that effort, they have an official blog to help keep us current on social justice issues. The website is www.fieldsofjustice.org. The theme for this year is "Loving our Captive Neighbor." The theme verses for the year are Isaiah 58:6-9.
- September 14th 2017 01:42 PM - Quaker Men-Friends Response Team Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/friendsrt/ The Friends Response Team Facebook page has been renamed QuakerMen-Friends Response Team. This Facebook site is intended to keep members up to date on the plans and activities of IAYM QuakerMen as well as the Friends Response Team calls for service. Posts of news, pictures, ideas from QuakerMen groups across Iowas Yearly Meeting are also welcome. If you are not currently a member, please go to the following link and join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/friendsrt/
- September 14th 2017 01:36 PM - October is Pastor Appreciation Month which is set aside to show extra appreciation for our pastors. Focus on the Family has a helpful guide for ideas at http://media.focusonthefamily.com/pastoral/pdf/CAM_Guide_2012.pdf.
- September 14th 2017 01:20 PM - "How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher? How will they preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written, "HOW BEAUTIFUL ARE THE FEET OF THOSE WHO BRING GOOD NEWS OF GOOD THINGS!"" ~Romans 10:14-15 (NIV) Taken from Friend of Friends for this week. Give thanks!!
- August 31st 2017 05:57 PM - FREE COMMUNITY BREAKFAST, Saturday, September 2, 8-9:30 am. Serving egg casserole, bagel bites, fruit and beverages. Come on out to Middle River Friends Church for good food and fellowship.
- August 23rd 2017 03:22 PM - You all are invited to an ice cream fundraiser for Grace Crowell's Family on Saturday, August 26th from 5:00 pm till 8:00 pm at Motor Friends Church. The Ice Cream is free! Grace has Leukemia and is taking Chemotherapy about every ten days. There will be a free will offering for Grace. She is the 10 year old granddaughter of Jay & Charlotte Mosher. (Motor Friends is located at 14350 240th Avenue, which is 5 miles east and 1 3/4 miles north of Milo.)
- August 19th 2017 02:40 PM - “Praise be to the Lord, for He has heard my cry for mercy, The Lord is my strength and my shield. My heart trusts in Him, and He helps me. My heart leaps for joy and with my song I praise Him.” ~ Psalm 28:6-7
- August 13th 2017 04:06 PM - Dear Friends, We are sad to let you know that Nadine Goodhue passed away peacefully this afternoon at Mercy Hospital in Des Moines. She was surrounded by family and passed into God’s grace with them present. Please pray for Jim and the family. We will let you know when arrangements are finalized that you may be able to join in a celebration of Nadine’s life.
- August 11th 2017 11:10 AM - Services for Nadine Goodhue: Visitation: Monday, 4:00 to 7:00 PM at Middle River Friends Church Funeral: Tuesday, 10:30 AM at Middle River Friends Church with Graveside Service immediately following at Middle River Cemetery Luncheon afterwards at the church.
- August 10th 2017 10:15 AM - “Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." ~ John 14: 6
- August 4th 2017 12:37 PM - "Because of all that God has done, we now have a new perspective. We used to show regard for people based on worldly standards and interests. No longer. We used to think of the Anointed the same way. No longer. Therefore, if anyone is united with the Anointed One, that person is a new creation. The old life is gone—and see—a new life has begun! All of this is a gift from our Creator God, who has pursued us and brought us into a restored and healthy relationship with Him through the Anointed. And He has given us the same mission, the ministry of reconciliation, to bring others back to Him." ~ 2 Corinthians 5:16-18 The Voice (VOICE)
- August 2nd 2017 11:23 AM - Our planned Drive-In Movie Night is cancelled for Friday, August 4. Valle Theater has changed the movie line up for this weekend, and unfortunately, this is not the family fare we had hoped for. We will keep you posted when we can find another time and movie selection to have our "movie night." In the meantime, blessings on your day, enjoy the beautiful summer, and join us for worship on Sunday morning.
- July 28th 2017 07:40 PM - Sammy Latoole, Director of Samburu Friends Mission, will be with us at our Sunday morning worship on July 30. We are excited to hear of his work in Kenya.