Our mission is to lead people into a saving relationship with Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.
- December 15th 2017 08:37 PM - We're going Christmas Caroling (snow or no) on Sunday 12/17 at 4:00 pm. We will carpool, then meet back at church for chili/soup supper. Join us for an afternoon/evening of fun!
- December 12th 2017 07:13 PM - Join us at 9:00 am Sunday for worship and the CE Christmas Program. Little angels, shepherds, Mary, Joseph, and wise men will be our very special guests. Christmas carols and Christmas readings along with lighting Advent Candles help prepare us to celebrate our Savior's birth.
- December 3rd 2017 05:13 PM - Dedication and memorial service
- November 30th 2017 02:51 PM - Sunday, December 3, 10:30 am at Middle River Friends, we will dedicate the Jim and Nadine Goodhue Memorial Picnic Shelter. We hope you can join us for this special occasion. After gathering at the shelter newly constructed on the south side of our church building parking lot, we will come into the Fellowship Hall for a time of visiting and CAKE! See you there!!
- November 29th 2017 09:16 PM - We are happy to announce that we went over and above our $500 goal for a Thanksgiving offering for our Cuba missionary. God returns many blessings to the givers of these gifts.
- November 29th 2017 02:24 PM - FREE COMMUNITY BREAKFAST, Saturday, December 2, 8-9:30 am. Serving stuffed french toast, fruit and beverages. Come on out to Middle River Friends Church for good food and fellowship.
- November 21st 2017 07:57 AM - Thank you to the generosity of those at church on Sunday, we are about half way to our goal of a bicycle for Cuba missionary. We will take up another offering this coming Sunday November 26. Monies collected at Middle River will be sent to our Yearly Meeting Missions Board. All donations go directly to the Cuba Thanksgiving Offering.
- November 16th 2017 10:08 PM - 2017 Thanksgiving Offering for Cuba Cuban Quakers are busy constructing buildings and transforming buildings for their growing ministries. Iowa Yearly Meeting Missions Board would like to encourage their work with a Thanksgiving Offering. The first Quaker missionaries to Cuba came from Iowa Yearly Meeting in the early 1900's, and the first Yearly Meeting was established in 1927. Friends established a number of schools in Cuba, which were taken over by the government following the communist revolution in 1958. Today the small Quaker community (around 350 members) is supported by the Friends United Mission (FUM). There are many items on their list of their needs and costs of the projects that you will find printed in the November issue of the Iowa Friend. Our Missions Committee brought this to Monthly Meeting and we chose as a Meeting to take up a special Thanksgiving Offering for Cuba, with hopefully total givings of $500 to finance a bicycle for the Missionary in Delicia, and for work on the meetinghouse. If you wish to contribute, please make out a check to Middle River Friends and mark Cuba Thanksgiving Offering in the notes section.
- October 13th 2017 05:31 AM - We had a wonderful potato bar luncheon at Sojourners today. John brought angel food cake for dessert. Bette gave an inspirational devotion. Then we had our own private "concert" by our good friends and neighbors, Ed and Jeannie Keeney. A great time was had by all.
- September 29th 2017 05:30 PM - Join us Sunday morning when we will have a special open worship service. See you at 9:00 am.
- September 14th 2017 01:50 PM - The Iowa Yearly Meeting Christian Social Concerns committee desires to help connect the local churches of the yearly meeting to better minister to the needs of their communities. To assist in that effort, they have an official blog to help keep us current on social justice issues. The website is www.fieldsofjustice.org. The theme for this year is "Loving our Captive Neighbor." The theme verses for the year are Isaiah 58:6-9.
- September 14th 2017 01:42 PM - Quaker Men-Friends Response Team Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/friendsrt/ The Friends Response Team Facebook page has been renamed QuakerMen-Friends Response Team. This Facebook site is intended to keep members up to date on the plans and activities of IAYM QuakerMen as well as the Friends Response Team calls for service. Posts of news, pictures, ideas from QuakerMen groups across Iowas Yearly Meeting are also welcome. If you are not currently a member, please go to the following link and join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/friendsrt/
- September 14th 2017 01:36 PM - October is Pastor Appreciation Month which is set aside to show extra appreciation for our pastors. Focus on the Family has a helpful guide for ideas at http://media.focusonthefamily.com/pastoral/pdf/CAM_Guide_2012.pdf.
- September 14th 2017 01:20 PM - "How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher? How will they preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written, "HOW BEAUTIFUL ARE THE FEET OF THOSE WHO BRING GOOD NEWS OF GOOD THINGS!"" ~Romans 10:14-15 (NIV) Taken from Friend of Friends for this week. Give thanks!!